Sent back to home and finally stand on Cirque stage

I was immediately sent to the hospital.

I was filled with anxiousness. It was first time blackout and emergency transportation for me and even it was in overseas.

"I could finally come to here with my best efforts. But will I die before make my dream, perform with Cirque du Soleil, comes true?"

Such thought also came to my mind.

As a result of various tests, doctor found that the cause of blackout was gastric ulcer.

I was bleeding in the stomach and got condition as anemia.

The pressure, "Even though I'm almost reaching to my dream performing on Cirque stage, it seems to be difficult to create the act worth for that", was opening a hole on my stomach in just a few days.

I had surgery to close the hole immediatelyand could go back to Cirque residence after 3 days of hospitalization. But the intense exercise was restricted by the doctor.

The amount of hemoglobin in my blood has decreased markedly and it was impossible to carry enough oxygen to my brain. Even a small exercise has caused for the blackout.

I continued rehabilitation in Canada for about a month and a half after that. But my condition didn't recover as I expected.

Cirque decided tha "I would like you to go back to Japan and rest for a while because you might be feeling more pressure under the environment close to the show".

"This doesn't mean you are fired. Your position is properly left. We are waiting for your return".

I really appreciated their concern. But I felt my heart breaking with a feeling of shameless.

In spite of they expected me as an immediate resource, I have not performed in the show even once but just used their welfare program.

However, from past experiences, I knew that the situation doesn't improve with just being regretted.

After returning to Japan, I contracted with a practice studio and sport gym which I just canceled two months ago. And I was consulted with the sports doctor to focus on rehabilitation according to the condition.

With the support of many people, I was able to recover my condition about one month earlier than planned.

Then, in July 2014, I went back to Canada again. After some of confirmation tests at headquarters, finally I was able to make a debut to the show in August.

The first Yo-Yo artist in Cirque du Soleil's history was born.